Monday, September 21, 2009

THANK YOU TEACHER!




Hello friends,


It was 5th September '09, the Teacher's Day.


It reminded me of all my teachers in school( New English School, Miraj). In the evening i called Dixit teacher, who was my class teacher 3 times(6th, 7th & 10th), and when i heard her voice on the phone i realised how deeply i missed her and all the teachers in my school. My whole school life flashed in front of my eyes when she asked "Kaise ho betaa?".


Someone has said "Nine-tenths of education is encouragement" and i think that describes Dixit teacher and everyone who knows her will surely agree to that!


Simplicity was her power, thats how she was.......


I remember she always used to take the first lecture so that she could make us meditate in the pleasant atmosphere of the morning. Her lecture used to start with the Pratigya "Bharat mera desh hai, saare Bhaartiya mere bhai-bahan hai......", followed by the Pasaydaan, then a prarthana for the Guru and finally the meditation. And believe me guys we used to love doing all that. All those prayers used to transform us into some other world altogether, a world where she would speak and we would listen, understanding every bit of it!


She taught us Hindi and she used to do that without touching the textbook. So fluent and rich was her Hindi that we used to get spellbound.


She treated all of us like her children, her friends.


From 6th std itself she used to make us write 5 lines from the textbook at home, failing to do so the number would go to 20 the next day. At that time i didn't understand why she used to give us that homework i mean i used to think what difference would it make if we didn't do it?


But when i was in tenth, one day i was going through my old books(yes i have a habit of keeping all my old things!) and when i saw all my Hindi homework notebooks from 5th to 10th i clearly saw how my handwriting had improved!


This was just one example there are so many about her.......


Whenever i used make any mistakes, get into a fight with someone or something like that she used to call me and explain my mistake to me and so powerful were her words that tears used to automatically roll down my cheeks.


I still remember we were in tenth and it was our sports week, our class had the best cricket team and we had convincingly won the first match and reached the finals. Our final match was with a weak team supposedly an 'underdog' and guess what we lost that match. I was the captain of our team and i was so embarrassed after the loss that i was avoiding facing our class teacher.


But she came to us, we were standing on the ground feeling ashamed, depressed and she said "Even though you lost the game, you won as a team!"


I really feel fortunate to have had her as my teacher. We all loved her.


Friends everyone of us has a teacher in our life who really loves us, guides us. We are who we are today because we had teachers like Dixit teacher. So when you have time just make a call and talk with them and i think thats all they want from their students!


Thank you teacher for being there always, love you!!






1 comment:

  1. A great sage has said that we should make every one our teacher- even those who are wicked, as they teach us what not to do.
    Your sentiments for your teachers are indeed exemplary. Good feelings always follow good actions.All the best.

    ReplyDelete