Sunday, February 14, 2010

What Road Are You?

What do Mumbai, Pune, B'lore and Delhi have in common?

-M. G. Rd.!

Everyone of us has favourites. A favorite perfume, book, song, ice-cream. How about a favourite road? Do you have one?

I think everyone of us has a favourite road. A road that is familiar to us, a road we can relate to, a road on which we like talking with ourselves when walking alone, a road which we know inside out!

When i was in school i was the road from my home to the bus stop in Mhaisal(my native place). I used to love walking on that road. I used to leave home at 6:00 am and reach the bus stop by 6:10 am. I used to enjoy those 10 mins. I even remember the stones i used to purposely step on while walking. I still remember those!
So i was wondering what makes these roads so special?

Now-a-days i am the Fergusson College Road (F. C. Rd.). It is literally at a stones throw from my place. So when i get bored or have nothing to do i just go and walk.
Whenever i walk on it i always feel that there is something "young" about F. C.
Goodluck is the place where youngsters enjoy eating, Vaishali and Roopali are favourites among the senior citizens. The Chaitanya Parathas are awesome. There is CCD and Barista for coffee(I prefer Goodluck for coffee!). Manmeet is famous for its 'Chaat'. There is Subway and now recently Venky's have opened a take away chicken outlet. Theres Yana for sizzlers, Haka for Chinese. If you want to shop you will find every brand you want on F. C.

Come weekends and F. C. will be packed. It has a festive mood on weekends. Especially the winter evenings make it even more enjoyable. Me and my friends enjoy playing pool at 147. Its so much fun!

So what road are you? Leave a comment.....

3 comments:

  1. Why Mumbai, Pune ,Bangalore and Delhi? almost any city worth it's name has a M.G.Road. After all Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, is the father of the nation. I think any 'road' has metaphysical connotations, as it represents our life, which is nothing but a journey in 'time' where as a Road implies a journey in 'space', we are always going "somewhere", whether we like it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it has to be the road along the 'Rankala lake'in Kolhapur.There was something about it which attracted me.We friends had the most awesome memories, shared sad moments, celebrated birthdays,etc etc :)
    And now maybe the Netaji subhash chandra bose marg ie the Marinde Drive, mumbai :)Im this road now :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete